Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mancat Monday

It has been a month now since we lost our Smudgie.
The pain and guilt haven't really lessened at all yet. And it's still so difficult even to type this. He was just so special.

Sorry about the depressing post. On a happier note, Zoe and Indy are happy and healthy. Indy went for his last shot. But our vet is now recommending rabies shots since there have been a couple cases in our province lately so I think we'll get Zoe in on Wednesday for that. I'm not totally sure though since she seems pretty low risk to me, being an indoor cat.


There will be more updates and pictures and Zoe and Indy will get back to visiting everybody when I am available more to help them after this last week of final exams are finally over. (Wish me luck tomorrow it's my absolutely worst and dreaded one - Constitutional Law.)


Indy is a big help with the studying because he has that amazing cat ability to pick out the page or book I'm reading or even about to read and either fall asleep on it or attack it.


Dad will likely be home sick tomorrow so he'll get lots of the extra attention he's seeking. He's been great - except he'll run up and steal the weirdest things, like cookies and lettuce. And we can't have straws in our drinks anymore because they will disappear as soon as we turn our heads.

Ok I'm procrastinating....back to studying...

7 comments:

PB & J said...

We can't believe it's already been a month since Smudge went to the bridge. We're sorry that it's so hard still, but it will get easier.

Good luck on your finals!

Anonymous said...

After 8 years I'm still cry because I'm miss my cat so much even now I have 7 cats. But she is the clever and my very first cat.





chin wan from singapore

Smeagol & Strider (Mystery & Gizmo too!) said...

It is hard to believe that it's been a month. It takes awhile, Mom still gets sad 'bout Those Who Came Before.
We still miss Smudge too.
We're glad to hear efurryone's healthy there!!
Good luck on your exams!!

Parker said...

You were the best parents to Smudge and he's right there in your hearts.
Smooches to you and good luck on your finals!

Name: Mr. Hendrix said...

Smudge will be missed always. Time doesn't lessen the loss, but it certainly brings more smiling memories than teary ones. It does take time.

I'm glad you have Indy and Zoe to help you study!

Poppy Q said...

Awww you must misss your smudge boy so much. You're allowed to have a pussy cat hole in your heart, but that's ok as I am sure your heart is pretty big and awesome with lots more love to give.

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Good luck with your tests.

It's hard to remember lost ones without tears sometimes.